Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Papercut

On Tuesday Molly got a papercut.   Oh, how she howled!  This little cut was the worst thing ever.  She did not want to go to dance class.  She did not want to go play with a friend.  Her life was just shutting down because of this papercut.

And while I was frustrated with her, it was a good lesson to me.  I have had a rough month.  A job that has been a good source of revenue for me has ended.  We (my sister and I) did such a great job that the company we have been working for brought someone in-house to do our job, full-time, and we have been moved along.

It's been upsetting, trying to figure out what to do without that job and without that income.  I just want to shut down.  But I have to realize that in the big scheme of things, this is just a little papercut.  It hurts right now.  I wish it had not happened.  But, I cannot let it keep me from the good things that are happening around me.

No comments: