Sunday, July 29, 2012

Field Day!



This year Garry & I both volunteered at the girls' field day at the end of the year.  Garry was in charge of Emma's class -- walking them from event to event and making sure that no one got lost.  Or hurt.  Or cried too much.

I was in charge of one of the events -- the Bouncy House!  It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  Best because Molly was able to bounce her heart out because she stayed with me.  Though sometimes there were some big kids in there, she was never afraid, and just bounced and bounced.  A little piece of heaven.  She's in her favorite blue dress behind me in the top picture.

It was the worst of times because I had to control how many kids were in at a time, kick them out when they had been in there too long, and control the crowds that desperately wanted a turn.  Egads.  It could get a little stressful and a few times I had to use my mean Mom voice (which has had much practice over the years.) But, Molly had a great time!

No comments: