Friday, June 22, 2012

Keep It Simple

Today was silly crazy hot in Utah.  And windy.  I think that we were expected to reach 100 degrees today.  So what better thing to do but go to the zoo?

I can explain the madness.  Emma's favorite animal is the polar bear, and this year they introduced a polar bear into a new part of the zoo.  She has been waiting three weeks to see them, and since we are done with soccer I thought it would be a good time to go with my four kids and my niece.

Emma was excited to see the polar bear, and she beamed while watching him swim in the water.  So that was a success.  But on the down side, it was really hot and so the girls spent most of the time running from water feature to water feature.

I think I would have been better off keeping it simple and letting the kids run in the sprinklers while I sat on the couch and ate gummy bears and turned on Days of Our Lives.

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Best memories of those hot childhood days of summer.....running throughthe sprinklers! Putting the slip and slide out by the sprinklers was fabulous fun too!