Thursday, November 3, 2011

Boo at the Zoo!

When we lived in Maryland we would participate with friends in the "Haunted Forest" in Southern Maryland. We would walk down this beautiful garden path and there would be booths with businesses passing out candy, coupons and flyers. It was fun, and we loved going, even in the rain.

I did not think that we would find anything as great here, but I did! We decided to try out Boo at the Zoo! We heard that it was crazy crowded, as most events in Utah are. So we made a goal to be there early. We arrived at 9:30 -- a 1/2 hour after it started. Already the parking lot was full, people were parking on the street and in the back parking lot. CRAZY!

But instead of little businesses in Southern Maryland handing out coupons, the Zoo had huge names there: Chick-fil-A, Red Robin, Wendy's, Chuck-a-Rama, Chipotle, Village Inn -- we came away with so many coupons for free kids meals -- it was great!

One awkward moment -- while waiting in line at the Verizon booth, I got stuck in the middle of a flash mob performing to Thriller. I tried to get out of there fast with three kids and a sleeping baby in a big old stroller. Oh dear. I am sure that it's on Youtube somewhere. . .

3 comments:

LeeAnn said...

I will make it my goal to find it ;-)Sounds like a lot of fun!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Was it a good flash mob?

Jana said...

I so want to see that video! I hope LeeAnn finds it. :) We have Zoo Boo here in ABQ and it is fun, but crazy, too.