Friday, January 15, 2010

What I Love

Moving is hard. The entire process has been difficult for everyone, and it's not even done! We have submitted an offer on a house to a bank and hope that it will be accepted soon. Then we will move (again) in a few more weeks.

We've had some problems with the apartment, and the girls miss their schools. I've complained about all of these things, and so today I thought I would focus on what I have loved about this move.

(1) My Closet. I have my own walk-in closet. Garry has his own, but it is smaller and not a walk in. It's lovely and large. I'm a fan.

(2) My Bathtub. It's a large soak tub. It's not jetted, but it's lovely. And since we are the first people in this apartment, I do not have to worry about nasty germs. Lovely.

(3) Neighborhood. We are so close to EVERYTHING! In Maryland I had to drive 8 miles to get anywhere. Everything was 15-20 minutes away. I have a Super Wal-Mart five minutes away. I have a Super Target two miles away. My sister is 5 minutes away. Garry's work is 20 minutes away. My other sister is 35 minutes away. My parents are 3 1/2 hours away. Woohoo! I have a Barnes & Noble two miles away. I just need a drive-thru Starbucks. Though I have gone out everyday this week, I have only used 1/4 of a tank of gas. Amazing.

(4) Fun! Since family is close by, we have had a lot of fun together. Dinners, nights out, trips to the movies. It's been great!

I miss my Maryland friends. I miss my girls' teachers; they were great! I hope to get in our house soon, get a little more settled, and enjoy more of this domestic bliss.