Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Headlines & Differences

Today we started our trip back West. At the beginning of the day I looked at Yahoo! News and saw the one headline you never want to see as you head out on a road trip: "Monster Storm!" And the highlighted quote: "I've Never Seen Anything Like This!"

Big Sigh.

So we scratched our plans to go West by going a little North so that I could see Kirtland, Ohio. Instead, we headed South, and we are spending the night in Charleston, West Virginia.

When we walked into the Residence Inn room, I exhaled. A refrigerator! A separate bedroom and living room! Two televisions! A dishwaser! A cabinet full of glasses! Wahoo!

I told Garry that I could stay here for a month. "Are you kidding?" he said. "This place is horrible. The television is from 1940."

And therein lies the difference between men and women.

5 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

love it-we miss you already

Tina said...

:) too true!

LeeAnn said...

Awesome! Travel posts! Yeah!

Stephanie said...

Alright, so now what are you going to see on the way? Or are you going to be pulling into Utah a couple days earlier now?

annie valentine said...

I have two words for you Residence Inn. We lived in those babies (and the Hilton Homestead--free dinner!) on our trip out.