Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Say Again?

Braden is becoming quite the talker.  He can say my name (loudly, usually at 6 AM), he can say Molly's name, his own name, bye-bye, hello, uh-oh, thank you (dank do) and this week he has picked up everyone's favorite -- no.

Which has made nap time a little harder because he can express his preference.  Today I told him it was time for a nap.  He answered with a guttural "uh-uh".  Which is pretty universal for no.  But just in case I did not understand, he looked at me and said, "No, no."  And just in case I did not get that, he started nodding his head emphatically no.  And just in case I did not understand that, he tried to wiggle out of my arms and run away.

Nonetheless, he's still napping happily as I type.




2 comments:

LeeAnn said...

So sad that the back talk has to start so young!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Watch out-"No" was Eddie's first work and it has been all down hill since