Tuesday, August 21, 2012

We Love This PLACE





This year I bought the family season passes to This Is The Place monument and village.  I have tried to take the kids there at least once a month.  We have a great time riding the train, mining for gold, riding the horses, buying old fashioned candy and yummy donuts.

It's a great PLACE!  I also love learning more about the history of the pioneers while I am there.  We toured Brigham Young's farmhouse a few weeks ago, and I still need to tour Heber C. Kimball's home.  It always seems to be closed for a private event.  Also, everytime that I go I stop at Mary Fielding Smith's home and pay tribute to that amazing woman who came across the plains not only by herself but when the men of her company did not want her to because they thought she would be a liability.  I want my daughters to learn all about her, and seeing her modest home gives them something of an idea of which to build upon.

1 comment:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

We need to go back to there. We went when Riley was a newborn and had first opened, but it looks like it's much improved.