Friday, August 27, 2010

And So It Begins. . .

I knew that there was a danger in moving to South Jordan and being close to my sister Rachelle. My kids would spend time with her and see how the other half lives. . . She is patient and kind, and really patient and really kind.

So far the kids have not said anything. But finally Macey said, "You know, Aunt Shell is always happy. And she does not get mad at her kids." Betrayed by my four year old!!

Luckily I had heard my sister get mad at her youngest and send her to her room just two days before. So I was happy to report that their cousins got in trouble sometimes, too.

Besides, all of my sister's kids are in school. I think I could be a fabulous Mom, too, if I only saw my kids from 4 - 8:30.

But, the point remains, and there's no question that I've got to up my game.

1 comment:

Tina said...

LOL! I had to "up my game" when my mother-in-law lived with us for two years. This is when I learned to not use four letter words and to clean up the dishes right away after dinner. Two habits that I still have 14 years later!!! Thank heavens she came and lived with us!