Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Why Loopy Is Dangerous


When I was in the hospital with Macey, you had to ask for pain medication. They could not give it to you -- you had to ask for it. So with Molly and with Braden I was very proactive in getting my meds. And oh boy, by the evening I had so much in my system I was just loopy! I was quickly getting a reputation for being a "lightweight" on the floor -- the nurses always told me, "Dr. Later prescribed two, but let's try one. . ."


The worst was one night when I thought that Braden had been in the nursery for too long and was probably hungry, and so I walked down to get him. In my system I had Ibuprofen, a narcotic, and an Ambien. Loopy. Oh ya, my sister also helped me take out my contacts.


So what happens when you are loopy and blind? You try to take the wrong kid out of the nursery. Being blind and loopy and really tired, I tried to take a red headed baby (who was probably also a girl!) out! Luckily the nurse stopped me with a "are you sure?" and a quick bracelet check.

3 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

You were probably flash-backing to Waldorf and thought you had a Moore kid

Stephanie said...

That's funny! I wish I could have been there!

Erin said...

that's too funny!