Friday, April 1, 2011

Welcome Home, Braden!

How fun to have Braden home! The girls are so excited and when Emma got home she went straight to Braden without even saying hello to me. Here's the scoop! We went to the doctor's office on Tuesday, and he sent us down to delivery because I was still having contractions and was retaining fluid like that girl on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I was hooked up to the monitors and given an IV. Unfortunately, they missed and so they had to try again. Not a fan of IV's. We waited a few hours, and they rolled me into the operating room. I had a long, serious talk with the anesthesiologist because I felt too much with Molly, and it was a bad experience. This time, I just wanted to go to my happy place. It was time for my spinal, but they missed. . .three times. Just could not find the right spot. Not a fan of Spinals. It took 5 minutes to get Braden out, and, oh, what joy! It was a boy! The whole room was so excited for us, and we were pretty excited for ourselves as well. I was wheeled into recovery and had about five minutes to recover before I was Mommy again -- time to start nursing! Even if I could barely move! It seems like with each c-section they expect more and more, faster and faster. When I could finally move, it was time to stand up, start walking. Ugh. Day 2 they took out all of my tubes and it was time to walk the halls, go to the restroom, take a shower. I always looked at the nurses as if they were insane, but I was able to tackle each thing. Braden is a joy. He rarely cries, he just takes everything in, and is full of patience with his attentive sisters. What a joyful addition to our family!

4 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

cutest cougar EVER!

Erin said...

love love love the pictures! go COUGS! :-) congratulations!

Tina said...

When I had my surgery I shared the floor with all the c-section moms and walked the halls with them. I have a new appreciation for what you go through now . . . man they looked like they were in a lot of pain! I was in pain too, and they probably thought the same about me . . . . but no . . . I don't think they saw anyone but themselves, I'm just weird.

Glad all is well, and you and your precious boy are home and enjoying life!

Unknown said...

Fabulous pictures, he is adorable!