Thursday, September 7, 2023

Taking Dad Through the Car Wash: August 26, 2023

Molly's high school soccer team has had a lot of fundraisers in order to help with expenses. One fundraiser was a carwash. 

My parents were kind enough to purchase a $10 carwash, and Garry picked up my Dad to take him through while their Camry was spiffed up by the soccer team. 

The team also provided donuts. Garry handed my Dad a donut, and I think my Dad thought he was just holding it for Garry but was excited when he discovered that it was his. 

Still thinking that it might be Garry's donut he was supposed to share, my Dad only ate half of it until Garry told him he could finish it or save it for later. "I'm not very good at saving things for later," my Dad said and finished the donut. 

He loves sweets. And he still talks to Molly about that fundraiser, asking her how much her team earned.



No comments: