Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Macey's Surgery! July 7, 2023



Macey has been waiting for the right time to have her feet operated on. She has some large bunions which have caused her a lot of pain when walking and dancing and -- almost as importantly to a teenage girl -- she has a really hard time finding shoes.

But camp is over, TREK is over, a quick Disney trip is over, so it was a good time to have the surgery. 

I thought it was going to be a quick two hour surgery. It was not. It was four hours, and the hospital was FREEZING. If she decides to do the other foot I am either sending Garry, bringing a portable heater, or bringing hot chocolate.

I was scared to leave because I was told to stay put in case they needed me because she was a minor. I really had to use the restroom but did not dare leave my seat. By the time the doctor came out I was cold and cranky and just wanted to use the bathroom. The doctor said that I was free to leave -- they would have just called! 

Macey did really well with the surgery. The nerve blocker HURT, but she was grateful for it. It gave her time to get on top of her pain medication. 

Here's to a beautiful new foot!

No comments: