Saturday, January 14, 2012

Best Morning of the Year!



Is there anything better than Christmas morning when you have kids young enough to be super, super excited?!?! I don't think so.

This year I tackled the new challenge of matching pajamas when you have three girls and one boy. But I did it! (Thank you, Children's Place).

We spent Christmas Eve with my sister and her family. We had the traditional fabulous crab dinner. Just crab leg after crab leg until we could not crack open another leg. We read Luke 2 together and the kids acted out the Christmas story and opened one present.

When we got home we made cookies for Santa, read The Night Before Christmas, and I got to watch A Christmas Story, a favorite of mine. I love the Mom! She's so smart, but so kind.

We said our family prayer and were ready to call it a night when I caught Molly trying to eat one of Santa's cookies. I guess she figured the list was in and a little naughtiness at this late hour was not going to hurt anything.

The kids went to bed and the girls all slept in Molly's room. Emma came downstairs, really drowsy, saying that she saw a light. I think that she was hoping for the Polar Express and was wishing so hard that she thought she actually saw it coming. Poor thing.

The girls were excited to see their presents from Santa. While they were distracted with their toys, Macey was scooping up all the candy Santa left on the floor and putting it all in a pile for herself. I laughed so hard. That girl is a thinker!

We had a great Christmas!

1 comment:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Macey's a girl after my own heart.