Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What Happens When The Zoo Is Free?

My friends in Washington, D.C. will not understand the mass of people that hit the Hogle Zoo today for "Wild Wednesday" because the zoo in Washington, D.C. is always free.  But around here, it's a novelty and the masses swarmed to East Salt Lake.

My kids are off track right now, and so I decided to try it.  But I know how crazy Utahns get when something is free and so I got my kids out the door and to the zoo by 9:15, quite an accomplishment considering that they wanted to lounge around this morning and watch Sophia The First.

The weather was wonderful!  Walking the Hogle Zoo in February without a coat!  Woohoo!  And the crowds were manageable until around 11:00 when we were heading out.  Around that point it was impossible to move the stroller around.

Braden loved seeing the animals.  He wanted to see the elephants and the giraffes.  And he saw some monkeys at breakfast time and talked all day about their food: apples, cheese and broccoli -- some of his favorites as well! 

Miss Molly was all attitude, of course.  If I told her that the animal was a leopard, she informed me that it was a cheetah.  And so it went. . .

Emma loves, loves the Polar Bear and Macey loves the Grizzly Bears.  It was great to be back at the zoo!

No comments: