Thursday, September 14, 2023

Changes and Changes and Changes September 2023

For over a year now my dad has seen visions of people coming into his home, staring at him, sometimes poking him, and then leaving. It scares him, leaves him a little upset for the day. I've tried to explain to my dad that he cannot see and so whatever he can see "clearly" is not real. He usually accepts that explanation for a little while but last time when the strange man poked him he told me, "Well, the poke certainly felt real!"

Two nights ago he saw a young man in his room, but he didn't scare him or poke him. He smiled before leaving.

It's interesting to think that it was my grandfather, perhaps warning him that he'd be back for him soon. Although I think a truly benevolent spirit would just let the poor man sleep. 

In any case, we are relieved that this visit was friendly. 

Things are also hard with Emma gone. I miss my girl. I'm excited for her but still am also so very sad. I'm also confused as to why my kids don't miss her more! They seem to be quite content with her gone, and I wonder if I did something wrong if they're fine without a sibling?

And yesterday Izzy went with her breeder to have her second litter of puppies. She's been a little stinker lately, having accidents in the house. It's time to thoroughly clean the carpets, maybe get new carpet in the basement, and clean while she is gone.

Changes and changes and changes. I'm not very good with them.

No comments: