Thursday, January 1, 2015

Studio 5

I started off 2014 with the ridiculous idea that I should go on television and talk about books.  I reached out to a few morning shows as well as NBC's Studio 5 which airs on the morning.

By the time I got on Studio Five I had already been on Good Things Utah twice.  In January I talked about comfort books (after all, January is freezing cold) and in February I talked about romance novels.

In March I was finally scheduled to go on Studio 5.  I hated every minute of it.  The producers were hard to work with.  They wanted me to spice up my segment on book clubs.  Perhaps talk about dressing up as your favorite character?  Door prizes?

Ugh! 

When I finally went with my friend Amy, I just wanted it to be over.  We drove downtown and waited and waited for our segment.  It's not a live show -- they pre-record -- and something was going horribly wrong with the cooking segment.

And my segment was a split segment, meaning that they go directly into another segment.  I hate split segments.  You never get to talk afterward.  It's all rather abrupt.

All in all, I did not enjoy it.  I love my Good Things Utah family.

  

No comments: