Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our Little Lady


The greatest benefit of having a girl is dressing her up on Sundays. It's fun. And since we have two gorgeous girls, it is double the fun. Every Sunday morning, unless he has early morning church meetings, Garry goes through their closets and picks out dresses that make the girls all cutesy for church. It's been a fun tradition. That ended in flames today.


Apparently we have a little princess on our hands. Garry picked out a polo shirt and a skirt for church, and little Emma broke down. She needed a dressy dress for church, and this skirt and shirt were just not fitting the bill. She wanted a DRESS. I intervened and picked out a dress (that Garry hated) but make Emma feel dressy and pretty and ready to impress all the boys in her sunbeams class.


While I was getting dressed, Emma snuck into my bathroom and got her hair soaking wet. She then insisted that I help her blow dry her hair, just like I blow dry mine. We were supposed to walk out the door in just a few minutes, and I should have been mad that she was a wet rat, but it was all too cute. Little Emma is growing up so fast.

2 comments:

Tina said...

That reminds me of my Halley. She took control of her hair and the way she dressed WAY to early. My dreams of short cute haircuts and frilly dresses went out the window, it was either that or battle with her constantly. They definately have their preferences and make them known LOUDLY!

annie valentine said...

Oh, I hope I get girls (plural)! Love the blog, so good to see you!