Thursday, July 24, 2008

Adventures of a House Wife


So I have been a "stay-at-home" Mom for nearly four years now. And I have found myself stressing over things that I really never paid much attention to before. And I have questions. So I thought I'd open it all up for discussion and see if someone can help!


Alright, the water line around the toilet. Now, this is an East Coast thing. The line there is just indestructible. It laughs at bleach and 409 and some concoctions I try in desperation that I will probably get cancer from later. How do you get rid of that thing???


The dishwasher and my glass glasses. Will they never be friends? It seems like I buy these glasses and within a few months they are scratched up and sad looking. Must I handwash these things? Isn't there a happy medium?


My bathroom sinks. Oh, my bathroom sinks! The water spout -- I just cannot make it shiny and new. Soap scum moved in a few years ago, and it just isn't budging! Is there a mystery cure?


Now, unfortunately, I seem to be passing my concern over neatness to my girls. Today Emma and I were having a very serious conversation about how the baby was going to get out of my stomach. She was very concerned that it was going to have to come out of my mouth. I said, no, (it's a scheduled c-section) the doctor will make a cut on my stomach and help the baby out. Emma looked at me, my tummy, and the couch where we were sitting, and suggested, very seriously, 'but maybe not on the couch, Mommy.' No, Emma, not on the couch. Mommy has enough stains to worry about.

5 comments:

Tina said...

The toilet ring? For some reason I don't get one . . but I've seen other's rings . . . Amway has a toilet bowl cleaner that will get rid of it if you follow the directions to the "T". I cleaned a a certain ladies house in the ward. She had that dratted line and couldn't believe I got rid of it. I think you know some dealers of Amway/Quixtar in the ward.

Glass glasses? Do they exist? I haven't had them since my kids were small. I've been thinking about graduating up to them, but I think you've changed my mind if that is what happens to them. LOL.

The bathroom sinks . . . do you use actual bar soap or liquid? Liquid is much harder to get a soup scum build up. There is a product that gets soap scum off really slick that I like . . Kaboom.

GOOD LUCK!

Grammy T said...

mCLR will take the toilet ring away, you can get it at Target...and the neatness thing, I think that is a hereditary Cunningham thing...it certainly isn't from me!

Lisa said...

I think it's lime from hardwater. Basically just calcium deposits. LimeAway might be the only thing to move it. Wear rubber gloves and keep it away from the kids!

Garry said...

She didn't get it from me.

KMC said...

Ok, I've never posted before, but I just have to say that I have the horrible toilet ring too! I don't want you to feel like you are the only one out there! I've only had it since I've lived in Waldorf, though. I've been able to control it in other places that I've lived in Maryland.

Someone has actually suggested I scrub at it with a scrubber - with my hands - gross! I'm going to try the mCLR from Target.