Friday, April 10, 2009

Ouch!

I freely admit that I am not a fashionista. I truly have litte, if any, fashion sense. It's just not that important to me. Right now I just want to be comfortable. And if that comfort comes in jeans and a t-shirt or another blue sweater, so be it.

But lately I have been reminded that my fashion sense really is poor.

It all started with Macey. I was taking Emma and Macey to school last week and she saw another one of the Moms in a purple, colorful shirt going into the school. Macey sharply inhaled and exclaimed, "Mom, she looks BEAUTIFUL!" Wow, clearly I need to work in a little color into my wardrobe. I headed straight to the store and started looking for anything with color. It'd be great if my three year old thought I looked beautiful!

Then last Saturday Garry was cleaning out the garage. We made a big pile to take to the Salvation Army, and I started taking a look at what Garry had put in the pile. There was every shirt I had ever gotten him for his birthday or Christmas. It was like a shirtistory of our time together, now heading off to a new home. Ouch.

Calling him on it, I asked, "Why are you giving away all of the clothes I've given you?"

"I kept the black sweater," he answered.

Well, that's somehing.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Speaking of fashion, I just remembered my dream last night. I dreamt that you were telling me that I had no fashion sense and I dressed inappropriately. Then we got into a big fight and we both said things we didn't mean. It's a good thing we don't actually fight because it got ugly. : )

LeeAnn said...

Crazy how one persons "fashion sense" is different that anothers. We could NEVER just go and pick out clothes for Megan (except for when she was newly born to the day she started dressing herself). She picks them out, shows us and we "surprise" her by buying at least one of said fashions.

Garry said...

To be honest, half of the clothes that I gave away were clothes that I purchased. My policy: if they aren't worn during their season, it's time to go.

Browne Towne said...

You could make a quilt from all the shirts and then he has to keep them! ha ha